Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Daily Art - Shades Of Summer

It amuses me greatly that as camera phones quality gets so much better with each generation of phones that there are so many smartphone apps out there that can make your photos look aged.  I recently downloaded Vignette (for Android), which is an Android answer to the o-so-popular Hipstamatic app on the iPhone platform. 

There's a lot of different things that you can do with this particular app, and I could imagine that it would be a little overwhelming if you don't want to spend much time playing with it, although it does have a rather handy "random" setting, which is probably a lot of fun.  One of my favorite things about this app though is that it lets you take the picture, but then you can play around with the different effects after to decide which one you think works best.  Some of the effects include Holga, Polaroid, 35mm, vignette, faded, B&W.  Then there's also a variety of different borders to choose between, as well as the option to take the picture as a square, standard 4x6, film strip etc.  Really, the combinations are endless. 

Seeing as it's been nice and summery (or should I say hot and muggy) the last few days, I thought it would be a good opportunity to take some outdoor shots with this app.  I'm really enjoying some of the effects that I can get with pictures of random things.  The biggest problem is that there are so many choices of effects and borders that I'll probably never remember which effects I used for certain pictures!


Do you have a favorite (Android) camera app to suggest?  I'm always open to suggestions for new things to try!

2 comments :

  1. I love these photos! I really need to upload a program like this for my phone. :-)

    Oh, and testing 1, 2, 3 (from Ravelry Blog Group)
    Using Google Chrome

    Hettie/CelticMommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just testing the comment attempt. I just got an Android Charge and I love the great pictures I get with it. Need to check out these apps.

    ReplyDelete