Friday, August 19, 2011

Daily Gripe - Craft fail

You talking about me?
I've been slacking on our guest bedroom reorganization.  Husband's back won't permit him to do a ton of moving furniture about, so when my brother was briefly visiting a couple weeks ago, I had him assist me with moving the bed, TV and entertainment stand.  That went relatively, um, smoothly.   [OK, in reality, we moved the TV onto the bed, didn't prop it up properly, resulting in it falling face first off the bed and making a dent in the door.  Good news is that the TV still seems to be working.]  I need to decide how to reorganize the bookshelves and set up my sewing machine, hang stuff on walls etc.  I swear I will eventually get around to that.  Deuce seems to like the new set up of the room - by that I mean he enjoys that he's allowed in there right now because he can't get into any trouble seeing as all my craft supplies are packed away.  It's amazing how much space a 13lb cat can take up on a queen sized bed. 

Anyway, last night I was itching to pull out my loom, which has been hiding in the closet where all my craft stuff was packed.  I set everything up and started to warp the yarn onto the loom with Deuce carefully watching.  Considering I was winding multiple strands of yarn 6 feet across the room, I was very impressed with his restraint....until the warping peg that I was using to hold the lengths of yarn came off the entertainment stand and dropped on the floor.  The yarn immediately fell off the peg and into a pile, and cat pounced straight off the table into the middle of the yarn and promptly started trying to eat it.  So there's me, 10pm, with a gigantic pile of knotted yarn and one very satisfied furball sitting proudly on top of it.  Needless to say, it's back to the drawing warping board for that project and I have learned my lesson when it comes to tightening the necessary pegs during this particular process.   

Happy Friday all!

2 comments :

  1. Deuce must think you are crazy going through such elaborate rituals so he can have fun. He must think you have a warped sense of humour ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, true. He loves to watch my crafty endeavors though. I can't cut fabric pieces for quilting without him wanting to hold onto the fabric. He's like the forman of my craft room. :)

    ReplyDelete