Thursday, August 4, 2011

Daily Deuce - Breakfast time!

Deuce is a funny cat.  He loves hanging about while we are eating and has a particular love for fast food.  We don't have it in the house often, but when we do he will appear out of nowhere and wants to sniff everything, or will try to stick his nose in my mouth.  Having said that, the two times I have offered him a french fry, he has sniffed it, then looked at me as if to say "you call that food?"  He doesn't really beg though - unless he knows there's raw chicken available, in which case it's not so much begging as purring, headbutting your legs, flopping upside down on the floor and giving us the "look how cute I am...I'm so cute you will immediately feed me the tasty morsels in your hand."

This morning, I settled down in front of the computer with a bowl of cereal when Deuce popped up onto the desk and wanted to give it a sniff.  After pushing him away several times, he resigned to just staring at it wistfully while I ate for a little bit, but then walked away as if he had lost interest....or so I thought.


The second I was done eating and put the bowl back down, he popped up again and, before I could stop him, decided to dive in face first, in the hopes of licking up any last remains of milk.


I'm usually telling people how well behaved he is...

3 comments :

  1. Helping to test your comments per Ravelry request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cute story. I have two little beggers at my house, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I love him. It's always good to hear other people have food stealers too....

    ReplyDelete