Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Daily Craft - A hammock for Terra

I can't believe I've had this blog up and running for nearly a month now and haven't said squat about anything crafty (actually, it looks like I've discussed food mostly...after all, I do like to eat!)

To christen my blog with my first crafty piece, I have just finished knitting a mini hammock for a very special recipient - a ferret named Terra!  I'm a member of a swap group on Craftster, and a little while back received a request for a custom knit hammock for Terra.  I didn't even know what a ferret hammock was at the time, although it turns out that they're like hanging sleeping bags with a crawl space for the ferret to snuggle in.  Apparently ferrets need bright and bold colors to really stimulate the senses, so I went with a red top and pink bottom, using both colors twisted together for the ties.  I think it's super cute, and my comedian of a husband has requested one for himself.  :)

For the years I've been knitting, I can officially say that this is the most random thing I've ever knit.  I'm also quite concerned that Terra won't like it.  I've never had to seek approval from a ferret before, but there's a first time for everything!  Terra's mom has assured me that she'll love it though and will be providing action shots soon.

2 comments :

  1. FANTASTIC!!!!
    I love your ferret hammock! Now I need to see pictures of the ferret enjoying a relaxing swing in his/her new pink and red, knitted recliner. I had no idea that ferrets could see colours. I just assumed that they viewed the world in shades of grey, like dogs. See, that's my something new for today :o)
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! Has the ferret-mom sent you action shots yet?

    ReplyDelete