Missus Vonkysmeed) for nominating me for a beautiful blogger award. After years of maintaining what I felt was a rather personally unsatisfying blog, I decided to start from scratch with Daily Dose Of Deuce. I'm so excited that there are people reading and enjoying this blog. I hope I stay interesting for you guys! Hehe. So, one of the neat things about this particular award is that it means I'm supposed to tell you all 10 facts about myself. This is where things get tricky because it's actually quite hard to come up with 10 things about myself, but here we go...
1) I do not like things flying at my head. Birds, bugs, butterflies, you name it - if it's flying around my head, I will duck, flap, squawk, and do what might be considered a good impression of a hyperactive chicken. People have been making fun of me for this, um, condition, for years.
2) If you could whisk me off on my dream vacation to anywhere in the world, I'd go to Italy without a doubt. I've been dreaming of wandering through Rome/Tuscany/Venice with my camera in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, sipping on coffee, holding hands with the husband in a random piazza... A part of me almost wants to spend a day visiting all the monuments in the book Angels & Demons!
3) I've worked at a major record label in copyright & licensing for the last 9 years. It was my first job out of college and I came into it knowing absolutely nothing. I never would have guessed that I'd love it enough to stay this long as spending all day negotiating royalties and reading contracts certainly wouldn't have been my top choice of careers, but it's been a perfect fit.
4) Speaking of music and record labels, it's a fact that I'm completely incapable of turning down a free ticket to a concert, no matter who the artist. One of the most random concerts that was a result of free tickets through work was Chicago with Huey Lewis & The News. How could that not be entertaining?
5) I love Microsoft Excel and how it makes my work day easier. I especially enjoy the challenge of writing formulas and formatting documents to do my bidding. I'm a nerd.
6) I met my husband during the first week of freshman year in college. My roommates and I needed a ride to a frat party. My husband had a car. The rest as they say is history.
7) I'm completely fascinated by the psychology of crime. I totally love reading crime novels, or watching TV dramas and documentaries about serial killers on the Discovery Channel. To reassure you, I do not have psychopathic tendencies - it just intrigues me.
8) Where I grew up in England is very rural and between the "high street" and my parents' house, there is only one street lamp. It was always pretty easy to get weirded out by the darkness and, as a child, when I would see the shadows of the trees in the yard, I used to think that the child-eating giants from the BFG were coming to get me.
9) I love to cook and will try making just about anything (which those of you that read this blog have probably figured out). What you may not know is that my attempts to bake sweet goods has never quite worked out as planned. The good news is that I've now mostly mastered the Duncan Hines method of baking and I'm determined one day I shall learn to bake my own master pieces from scratch!
10) I am strangely addicted to watching Gordon Ramsey cooking shows. Everything from Kitchen Nightmares to Hells Kitchen and The F Word. He just seems like he's a very nice guy when he's not yelling at everybody.
And now that you have all this extra completely useless information about me, here are my nominations for other blogs deserving of the Beautiful Blogger Award. You should check them out and hopefully they'll have some things to share about themselves too!
AC Engineered Knits
Army Of Knitters
Designs By Dianna
Indie Home Ec
Little Big Girl Studio
Raised In The Woods
Wife, "Mom", Knitter