Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Daily Craft - Squares and strips

I think I finally narrowed down the design that I want to use for my next quilt, and started cutting all the squares and strips last night.  It's really quite satisfying to sit down with the rotary cutter and end up with neat little stacks of fabric, ready to be sewn.


Now that I've started cutting and looked at the fabric patterns together, I've concluded that I need some plain colors mixed in to make each individual pattern really pop.  The patterns together as I have them now will be just a little bit too crazy!  Of course, buying additional fabric means I could end up making this a really big quilt...or perhaps two smaller ones would make this process more manageable.  I'm still deciding if I want to do the plain fabrics in just white, black and grey, or if adding a matching teal (assuming I can find a perfect match) will be too much.  Sometimes I think I just have too many ideas all at once - decisions, decisions!  




2 comments :

  1. Can't wait to see what you are up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give a proper preview once I've purchased the other fabrics I need for this one...which I'm doing tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete