Firstly, I should say that trying to photograph a quilt is kind of a pain in the ass. I checked out a few websites, which advocated photographing the entire thing in natural light at a 90-degree angle in order to avoid any bizarre trapezoid-looking quilts. Of course, finding a way to hang it where you can place the tripod at a 90-degrees is a mission upon itself. I finally figured out that I could achieve this using some skirt hangers and the door frame - not perfect (because I still picked up a weird shadow from somewhere), but I'm glad that I can now share a photo of my finished piece!
So, here it is - my Disappearing 9-patch quilt...
I really enjoy how it looks random, even though there was actually a
decent amount of "organizing" the blocks. Truth is, I'm not very good
at being completely random! This is also the first time attempting to do binding properly, which is something I definitely plan on practicing more. Overall, I'm very happy with my accomplishments and I keep telling myself that the only person who is likely to notice the imperfections is me anyway. The colors in the shot below are more true to life, and also show the simple quilting that I did around each block.
I have to give props to Joann for this line of fabric. I can't wait to get started on the next quilt with the other fabrics that I bought, although still haven't decided upon the block pattern to use.