Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Daily Travels - Off I go

Tomorrow I leave for my trip home to see my parents.  I managed to use my interns wisely to get nice and ahead of the game at work, my green card is here (yay!), all my clothing is washed and ready to be packed, the finances are sorted and overall I'm feeling more prepared than usual!  I haven't traveled without my husband for in years, and especially not for such a long period of time, so I know I'm going to have separation anxiety from him (and, of course, baby cat Deuce).  It'll be nice to see my parents though.

I'm looking forward to....

- Mom's home cooked meals!  Over the years, I've tried to replicate things that my mom cooks, but hers is always better.  She's already planning to make moussaka for me (yum) and has been asking me for a couple of weeks to think of some of my other favorites.
- Indian food!  It's not that I can't get good Indian food in California.  In fact, there's a couple of restaurants that I think are great.  It's still better in England though.
- Fish and chips!  Of course.  There's nothing like eating a big piece of battered cod out of a nice greasy wad of paper.
- Stocking up on chocolate!  Cadburys, Galaxy, Aero, Yorkies....I could go on.  (Can you tell that there's a food theme going on here?)
- Photography!  I miss old buildings.  We're going to be taking a trip to North Wales and I can't wait to be snapping photos of castles.  It seems that the standard in Los Angeles is to tear down old things and I miss wandering around centuries of history.
- Treasure hunting!  OK, well in the not so literal sense.  I'm wondering what is hiding in my room at home.  Time to go through it and find some things I've forgotten existed.  :)

Pretty much the only things I'm not looking forward to are 22 hours round trip on an airplane and really cold weather.  It's an opportunity to wear those handknits that I don't always get to wear in So Cal at least.

Anyway, I'll be popping in here to say hi if I get a chance, but otherwise, I'll have lots to share when I get back.  Happy travels!

1 comment :

  1. When are you coming home, already??

    Have fun and eat some fried things and curry for me.

    ReplyDelete