Monday, November 1, 2010

Daily Dish - Shredded Beef

The beautiful thing about this time of year is that I'm inspired to make lots of things in the crock pot.  There's something so simple, yet wonderful, about popping some ingredients in the crock pot and coming back from work to a complete meal.  It's practically idiot proof!


Yesterday, I found this BBQ beef recipe and decided to give it a shot with some chuck roast.  By the time I was supposed to shred the beef, the smell of what was cooking had already permeated every room in the house and I was starving.  I think the hardest part of the cooking process was shredding the meat to go back in the pot and cook for longer, rather than shoveling it into my mouth.  It was finished too late yesterday to eat it for dinner, but made for a quick dinner tonight.  We toasted buns, topped with spinach and the shredded beef.  I also sautéed a little broccoli, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, on the side.  Perfect!

No comments :

Post a Comment