Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Daily Craft - Tiny Little Stitches

I am excited to say that I got a decent start on my cardigan over the weekend.  I could have gone on a search for the perfect yarn online, but to be honest I'm too impatient for that.  That's several days of knitting time that I would have lost while waiting for delivery!  I ended up buying Lion Brand Sock-Ease from Michaels, which is a wool/nylon blend and also states that it's machine washable, and can even be put in the dryer.  Caution says I'll likely be using my trusty hand-wash setting on the front-loader then line drying, lest I end up with a cardigan better suited for a toddler.  The materials cost about $25, which is not unreasonable (yay coupons!)  I will admit to originally being attracted to the pretty variegated sock yarn colors and spent quite a bit of time musing over the potential to avoid bad color pooling or inconsistent stripes.  In the end I decided I'd be better off with a plain color and chose this green (which is actually much more olive in person). 


As much as I enjoy working lace and cables, I'm actually really happy that this is a nice plain stitch because it feels like it's working up pretty quickly, despite the tiny little stitches.  I've done 5.5" so far, and feeling like I'm getting somewhere at least.  Wishful thinking says I really will be done by the holidays...

6 comments :

  1. love the color! glad you found a pretty yarn to do this in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Natalie
    Thanks for visiting my blog. When you mentioned you liked to do a variety of crafts, I had to come over. The sweater is going to be lovely and I'm in awe of people who can make quilts! (I did some snooping around your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Drops cardi will be absolutely stunning in this colour. And don't be scared of Norwegian patterns, they are just not so elaborative as the English ones. That means that if it doesn't tell you how to do something, you can actually choose the way you want to do it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 25 bucks for a sweater is not bad at all! It's looking great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color!!! This is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete