Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Daily Craft - Blood Lust!

With Halloween only a week away, my posts seem to be developing a bit of a theme!  Sunday night, a friend of mine commissioned me to make her a custom jewelry set (earrings, necklace, bracelet) for Halloween.  Time permitting of course, I'm always up for the challenge of a custom order and I knew this one would be fun given the theme.  We agreed upon red and black, and I wanted to make something that suggested Halloween, but can be worn year round.  Here's what I came up with!

My inspiration began with the red crackle glass beads, which really suggested blood drops to me.  I'm also a big fan of the black/grey ombre as the beads look different from every angle!  At first, I was torn between mixing up black and silver wire to connect the beads, but after playing around for a little bit, decided that the silver was going to be a cleaner look.  I'm calling the set "blood lust" seeing as it has a certain vampire glam (although I guess vampires wouldn't want to be wearing a ton of silver).  Hoping the recipient will find many uses for these pieces beyond the upcoming 'holiday'!



In other news, while shopping for beads, I noticed that Joann was getting rid of their Halloween costumes at 60% off.  I will admit that the last couple of years, I've been a complete slacker with preparing my costume and this year, haven't come up with any ideas whatsoever.  Now, while I didn't find any costumes that I could just buy, I did find a pretty amazing mullet with mustache wig set....and now I'm inspired.  Stay tuned for more on that!  :)

Are you dressing up for Halloween?  Do you have your costume ready, or just slacking like I am?!

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful Halloween jewelry, I love the beads you have chosen. I would definitely wear those :) I won't be dressing for Halloween but my kids will. We may have a Zombie and a Wizard or Zombie Wizards. My oldest is a big Zombie fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice set :) Nope, not dressing up this year - haven't in years - would love to, but work doesn't really encourage it, & haven't been invited to a party, so... no costume for me. If I were to dress up, I'd love to go as Anne Boleyn! I'm anastaciaknits over on ravelry, I'm doing the blog comment train! :)

    ReplyDelete