Sunday, March 13, 2011

Daily Ramblings - Too much fun!

I finally became upgrade eligible and got my new phone today.  I decided to go with the Droid X, and a little birdie told me that Staples generally sells the phones cheaper than Verizon would.  I managed to get the phone, with a case and car charger, for $75 out the door.  Not bad considering the phone alone would have been $100 from the Verizon website, plus they charge tax on the full amount (i.e. $600) rather than what you actually pay.

Of course, the first app that I had to download was Camera 360 - there is a free version, or the pro version for $3.99.  I'm hoping to do a full review at some point once I have figured out all the settings.  In the meantime, here's a couple of photos I snapped in the courtyard at home.  Deuce escaped the confines of the house while I was going outside, so figured I'd grab a quick picture before shooing him back in!

 Using the tilt-shift function.  I'm really going to enjoy this I think!

Deuce in Lomo mode.  
I've created lomo style photos using Photoshop before, but having it built in might be a little too easy.

I'm not usually one for a technology geek out, but I'm definitely having one.  I also love bargains, which I feel like I just got.  Overall, a good Sunday I think.  

No comments :

Post a Comment