Thursday, January 6, 2011

Daily Craft - A rainbow of thread

A while back, I entered a contest on the Recycle, Reuse, Refashion blog.  The blog author, Josée, was kind enough to be offering up some sewing notions that she'd scored at a thrift shop.  I'm rather partial to thrift shop hauls myself, so was thrilled to find out that I was the lucky winner!  My package arrived today, all the way from Canada, and I'm now happy to be in possession of a many spools of thread in a myriad of different colors, as well as some bias tape, and ribbon.

Deuce photobombed my picture (no surprises there) and tried several times to steal ribbons, while attempting to distract me by batting away spools of thread.


I'm also happy to be participating in a destash swap on Craftster.org, which involves filling a small flat rate box with supplies I'm no longer using.  I'll be receiving a package of supplies from somebody else in return.  I know that destashing is on my list of things to do for the year, and I'm hoping this will be a good start, even if I'm getting things back.  Seeing as I have to start going through my craft supplies for the swap, hopefully that'll steer me in the right direction for organizing and unloading in general.  Besides, I figure it counts if I'm exchanging things that are just laying about for things that I will [hopefully] use, right?

No comments :

Post a Comment