Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Daily Dish - Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I've been wanting to make some oatmeal raisin cookies for a while, although with recent pregnancy-induced exhaustion, I never quite got around to it.  However, my baking was requested at work last week, which gave me the perfect excuse to find the perfect recipe.  (I should add that if you'd told me a year ago that my baking would actually be worthy of request by others, I'd have laughed at you...but now I'm just very proud of my learning curve!)


If any of you are foodies and not familiar with Smitten Kitchen, I recommend checking it out.  Not only do the recipes sound delicious, she takes gorgeous photos which may cause drooling (you have been warned).  When I found her recipe for thick and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies, I knew I'd found a winner.  Sure enough, they were moist, with a really nice texture, and overall quite delicious (even if I say so myself!)  I do need to get myself a cookie dough scoop though, after using one of my plastic measuring spoons to scoop the dough and successfully breaking off the handle.  If I'm planning to buy supplies, I must be feeling good about this baking thing....who knew.  :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment