Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Daily Ramblings - It started with a mullet....

While that may be the strangest post title I've ever used, it's true.  Last week, Joann's was getting rid of their Halloween section at 60% off, and I happened across a rather fantastic mullet wig with matching mustache.  For the bargain price of $5, it was too funny NOT to buy it, so it came home with me.  I didn't really think too much about what my costume plans were but, using the mullet as my entire inspiration, I woke up yesterday and raided my husband's closet for the most redneck things I could find and ended up with this. 

Holy crap, I'm sexy.

Things I discovered while dressed as a redneck:
1) It's impossible to eat nachos with a handlebar mustache attached to your face with tape...unless the melted cheese dripping from said mustache can be considered part of the costume.
2) When wearing men's jeans, I naturally start walking like a trucker. 
3) Apparently, when completely decked out in my husband's trashy clothing, I look like I'm 12.  I found this out while trying to purchase the Pabst Blue Ribbon tall boy on the way into work.  The guy behind the counter didn't want to sell it to me, which had nothing to do with the fact that I was buying beer at 8:30 in the morning!  It took both my ID, backed up by debit card for name verification, before he'd take my $2. 
4) Boxer shorts are far more comfortable than thongs.

I was pretty proud of my rather last minute costume attempt, especially after winning 2nd prize in the work costume contest. 

Meanwhile, I gave to give props to the crew upstairs who turned the lobby into a "Dexter" style kill room.   They're quite the creative bunch!


How was your Halloween?  Any good stories to share?

1 comment :