Thursday, January 2, 2014

Daily Craft - A Baptism Bookmark

Happy New Year folks!  2014 already?  I hope you all had a wonder-filled holiday season and that Santa was good to you. 

It's day 2 and being back at work seems like it came entirely too quickly.  Nonetheless, I'm feeling good about the upcoming year.  At the very least, I hope to spend more time out and about with Owen as he's now old enough to really start appreciating more activities - the zoo, museums etc.  I'm also thrilled that he's soon to be prime crafting age - more felt and paint for everyone!! 

This project is actually something I did a few weeks back, but I wasn't able to get it to the recipient until yesterday so didn't want to post anything lest I spoil the surprise.  Close friends of ours have a baby girl who was recently baptized.  I can't say I know much about appropriate gifts for baptisms but I did know I wanted to make something that she would (hopefully) treasure as she got older.  My original thought was a necklace, but then I found some simple shepherd's crook bookmarks and decided to go in a new direction. I wire wrapped some glass pearl beads left over from the jewelry I made for her baby shower, then added a small pink cross with Swarovski beads as the feature. 

I just love how this turned out and I really hope this is something she'll use for years to come to mark passages in her favorite Bible.  In the end, despite the convenience of the Kindle or Nook, reading a book on paper still can't be beaten in my eyes.  I bought more bookmarks so hopefully I can execute a few more ideas soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment