Monday, April 16, 2012

Daily Dish - Crock Pot Shredded Pork

I finally have my new computer up and running.  It's so fast and quiet compared to my old one.  I'm mostly done transferring the necessary documents off my old hard drive, so now I just need to find a good place to donate it - after all, it's still functional.

I've been saving this dish to share with you. I love finding good crock pot dishes as it's really satisfying to leave home in the morning and come home to a house that smells of a lovely home cooked meal, just ready to go.  We got 3 lbs of pork roast for about $5 at the store and I wanted to make a shredded pork recipe. The spice rub that is on Crumbly Cookie's site really caught my eye so figured we'd give it a whirl.  The pork was delicious and husband had to keep telling me to stop opening up the crock pot lid and stealing bites while it was in the last few minutes of cooking.

We decided to make sandwiches using crusty baguettes and some home made coleslaw.  I don't really have my recipe for the coleslaw, but it involves (as I recall) cabbage, carrot, mayo, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt & pepper.  Making coleslaw is also a great excuse to shred things in the Cuisinart...you know...just for fun.  :)

Anyway, I highly recommend trying this.  We already had 2 meals from it, and the rest is currently in the freezer for a rainy day.  Delicious and budget friendly.  Can't ask for more.

No comments :

Post a Comment