Friday, December 16, 2011

Daily Ramblings - Adopt-A-Family 2011

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been pretty slammed all this week shopping, wrapping, labeling, packing and delivering all the gifts for the annual adopt-a-family program at work.  This is a program that I've been heading up for the last 8 years and while it's amazingly rewarding, I think it also makes me a little nutso (in a good way of course!) Donations were dropped off today and it's always bittersweet when I know it's all gone.  

I can't say enough about the amazing generosity of my co-workers.  We received about $1,000 in donations which went toward buying gifts and gift card, plus the piles of toys, clothes, books and food that were left in the donation boxes.  Considering times are hard for everybody right now, the giving nature of those around me impresses me every year.  I always have that moment of panic when I wonder if we've taken on too much but, by the end, I'm always overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of gifts that we're able to give to these less fortunate families.  Thank you to all my WMG friends - you are a wonderful bunch!


1 comment :

  1. Wow! Well done to you and your colleagues, you will be making a big difference to lots of people this Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete