Sunday, December 4, 2011

Daily Art - Precious

My new camera arrived this week - got myself a new Canon 7D DSLR [insert happy dance here].  I've been yearning after this baby for a long time but with an unemployed husband it wasn't really feasible.  Of course, now he's gainfully employed, I was able to swing it and I can't express how happy I am!

Yesterday, we took a trip to LACMA (Los Angeles Couty Museum Of Art), which is part of the Bank Of America Museum program - $free.99, thank you very much.  We've been talking about taking advantage of the offer for a while, but didn't succeed due to various issues with bad planning prior to this.  If you have a BofA account though, and you're looking for something to do the first weekend in a month, I highly suggest checking out which museums are available in your area.

It was the perfect opportunity to take the camera (dubbed "my precious") on it's first field trip.  I do love me some ancient artifacts and whatnot.  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. You can also view the entire set here.




Of course, I had to end the outing with some photos of the lamppost installation at the front of the building.

It was a really fun afternoon and I'm in LOVE with the camera - no post-editing required.  Hope you all had a good weekend!

1 comment :