Groovebook from a little while back. They're a company that was funded, and seems to have had some decent success on account of the show Shark Tank. I got a pleasant surprise last week when I was contacted by the folks over at Shark Tank, who read my review. Turns out that the show is now going into syndication on CNBC and they offered to send me a swag box for being an avid viewer. I wasn't going to say no to an opportunity to try out some of the products I've seen on the show!
My box arrived this week and here's what was inside:
- Gobie Water Bottle - This is a cool water bottle with a filter to turn any water into safe drinking water. I'm super excited to have this and can't help thinking it would have been handy while we were at Disney this month to filter the cloudy looking water from the water fountains! This will definitely be something that gets regular use.
- Origaudio Fold N Play Speakers - These are self-powering, folding (thus portable) speakers made from primarily recycled materials. Supposedly they work with our phones, so perhaps that's how I'll test them out. Husband immediately found these interesting, from an audiophile perspective. He's very curious to know how they sound.
- Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce - As it turns out, we needed BBQ sauce anyway, so this was a perfect addition to the pantry. Who doesn't love a good BBQ sauce? This one seems really well reviewed online, so can't wait to give it a try. The company has a variety of different sauces and spice rubs available, working out at about $5 bottle + shipping. Also, there's quite a few recipes available on their website to try, so now it's just a question of deciding what to make.
- Reboot Energy Spray - Admittedly, this is the one item that I doubt I will end up using. I'm not really into energy products in general, so I suspect I'll let the water cooler fairies at work find it a new home.
- Nuts 'n More Chocolate Peanut Butter - We should all be impressed that I didn't just open this up and start eating it the second I opened the box. Instead I showed a modicum of self-restraint so that I could take the picture and do this write up first. I might just go straight back upstairs and dive in with a spoon when I'm done though. I remember the episode where this was featured and I'm very grateful to have this decadent peanut butter in hand!
Thanks for the folks over at Shark Tank for sending the swag. I can't wait for more episodes, and to catch some I may not have seen yet.