I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving has passed, Hanukkah went with it, and Xmas is only 2 weeks away. I've been horrifyingly neglectful of my blog, and wanted to return from that brief hiatus with something that was a big hit back in 2011 - my completely random gift guide. There is no rhyme or reason to this...just things I have found on the internet that are worth of being shared. Enjoy!
1) Chainsaw Attack Bookends (courtesy of Knob Creek Metal Arts) - $64.99 (currently $55.24 on sale)
I actually had a really hard time picking just one item to feature from this site. They have a plethora of alien invasions, dinosaurs, swamp beasts, and more. Whether you want bookends, or a zombie on your key rack, there is sure to be something for somebody you know!
2) Muffin Tops Cupcake Molds (courtesy of Perpetual Kid) - $12.99
There are few times when a muffin top is appropriate. This, however, is one of them and there is something about making muffins in a delightful pear of denim cut offs that is strangely appealing.
3) Star Wars™ Vehicles Pancake Molds (courtesy of Williams Sonoma) - $14.99 (currently $6.99 on sale)
Would it be a true nerdy gift guide without something for the Star Wars fan? Perhaps you could eat your X-Wing Fighter with the Chopstick Sabers from my 2011 guide. Seems like a great excuse to play with your food.
4) Medieval Weapons Push Pins (courtesy of Amazon) - $9.99
Feel like stabbing your TPS report with an axe (without getting in trouble with your boss)? This is the answer.
5) Samurai Sword Kitchen Knife Set (courtesy of Think Geek) - $59.99
For those times when you just need to practice your ninja moves on a zucchini... 'Nuff said.
6) Bubble Wrap Calendar (courtesy of Amazon) - $29.99
This is a poster sized calendar, which is sure to delight everybody in the family. The biggest problem I see is that there will need to be some kind of bubble popping chart indicating whose turn it is, or everybody in the family needs a separate calendar, or you have to be stealth (see ninja knives) and sneak away to pop the bubble of the day before anybody else gets to it....and even then, can you really just stop at one bubble?
7) Disappearing Civil Liberties Mug (courtesy of Uncommon Goods) - $12.00
If your Facebook feed is anything like mine, you have a variety of friends who are frequently outraged by this exact subject. Now, every time they drink a coffee, they can be reminded of their outrage. They will thank you.
8) Volume Knob Pacifier (courtesy of Baron Bob) - $9.95
Perfect for those new parents who are bewildered and trying to figure out what day of the week it is. Give them a laugh, while making them simultaneously sad that the knob doesn't actually work. If it did, I'm pretty sure it would cost one hell of a lot more than $9.95.
9) Song Map (courtesy of Dorothy) - £25
As a music lover, who wouldn't want to go to a place where you can go west on the Road To Hell and end up on The Boulevard Of Broken Dreams. This map features 390 song titles and a matching Spotify playlist. A sure fire way to get lost in the music! (You see what I did there?)
10) Hot Mess Spoon and Cutting Board (courtesy of Think Geek) - $9.99-$14.99
If you know somebody who likes to make a mess in the kitchen, you might as well help them along with this spoon rest and cutting board set. Hide existing spills under functional ones.
Now - get shopping!