Sunday, November 18, 2012

Daily Baby - Nursery Reveal!

I was actually hoping to do this post in the week before Owen's due date.  Given his early arrival though, I've been working backwards on a variety of things, the nursery reveal being one of them of course!  We were thrilled with how this turned out - and there's a few things awaiting the finishing touches, but it is certainly ready to share.

The overall view...
..and in the other direction.  The glider belonged to Owen's great grandfather who passed earlier this year.
Hot Air Balloon mobile (tutorial courtesy of http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/)
Building up the book collection already!

Dinosaur coin bank, thanks to Auntie Michelle
Bunting, thanks to Holly
Close up of some of the books
Mom and dad's collection of stuffed animals
We have Owen's name being painted onto wooden letters for us, and we'll also be putting a collage of family pictures on the wall under the bunting, so I hope to reveal those in the not too distant future.  We're also grateful that we've been able to keep the guest bed in the room as it has been helpful with allowing husband to get some sleep now he's back at work.  I know Owen doesn't really have much of a concept of what his room looks like yet, but I hope he loves it as much as I do!

4 comments :

  1. Awww, that is so. nice. The hot air balloon mobile turned out awesome! I like the two-tone walls, as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! The mobile is so fun, I love it. :) I have to thank husband for the wall color idea - I kind of want to do the same in every room now.

      Delete
  2. It is a perfect room for a little boy and a great idea to keep the bed too! xxx

    ReplyDelete